We want to make sure all of our patients know that Rheumatology Consultants doctors are available for essential in-person appointments, testing, treatment, procedures, and surgeries.
It’s understandable that there might be concern about coming to a doctor’s office or a hospital right now. Rest assured that we have put in place strict safety procedures to protect our patients.
We’ve gathered answers to frequently asked questions about what to expect when you visit Rheumatology Consultants.
Frequently Asked Questions About In-Person Appointments
Is my doctor’s office open?
Rheumatology Consultants remain open to care for our patients with essential healthcare needs.
I need to see a doctor in person but I’m concerned about being exposed to COVID-19. What are you doing to protect patients?
Please do not risk your health by delaying care. Here’s what we are doing to keep our patients healthy during their visit:
Are you still offering video visits?
· All Rheumatology Consultants providers and staff have been tested for exposure to COVID-19 and wear masks and other appropriate protective equipment.
· All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving for their visit.
· All providers, staff, and patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance of practices and given a temperature check.
· All patients are required to wear a mask or face covering.
· Social distancing measures will be enforced if there are patients in waiting areas.
· All of our sites are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Yes. Video visits are still an option for our patients who may not require diagnostic testing/lab work, or treatments. If you aren’t sure whether you need an in-office visit or a video visit, you can contact our office at 516-295-448.